AlphaTec® SUPER is the true workhorse of the Ansell gastight suit range. Highly chemical resistant and durable, yet soft and flexible, it has an outstanding performance record and users within all areas.
- Combination of antistatic butyl rubber with a Viton® top coating for outstanding resistance to attack from a wide range of chemicals,
- Exceptional protection against alkalis, strong acids (e.g. hydrofluoric acid), petrochemicals, chlorinated solvents, aromatics and oils,
- Maximises strength and durability while maintaining softness and flexibility, ensuring increased wearer comfort,
- Approved for work in explosive atmospheres.
AlphaTec® SUPER comes in four different designs to fit all user preferences:
- Encapsulating design type CV (wide vision visor with 3D depth of 20 cm) – Well-proven design that fits on top of all major SCBA brands and bottle sizes
- Encapsulating design type VP1 (larger visor) – Fits on top of all major SCBA brands and bottle sizes
- Non-encapsulating design type T – Suitable for work in confined spaces
- Encapsulating design type FREEFLOW – For use with external air source (see Air-Fed Garments)
- Outer: Butyl rubber and a top layer of Viton® rubber coated on polyamide fabric
- Inner: Butyl rubber
This construction maximizes strength and durability while maintaining softness and flexibility. The combination of antistatic butyl rubber with Viton® on top offers an outstanding resistance to attack from a wide range of chemicals.
Stitched and sealed inside and outside with a glued-on tape, made of the same rubber type as the fabric coating.
Yellow with orange inside.
- EN 943-1:2015 and EN 943-1/FprA1:2018
- EN 943-2:2002 and FprEN 943-2:2018
- EN 1073-2:2002 (radioactive particle protection)
- EN 14126:2003 (infective agent protection)
- EN 1149-5:2008 (antistatic suit material)
- Approved for use in ATEX zones 0, 1, 2/20, 21, 22 and chemical group IIA, IIB, IIC
* Only non-encapsulating / type T suits.